The staff at Father Leonard Van Tighem will be developing class lists to create rich educational environments for all the students. A lot of thought goes into the making of homeroom classes to ensure a balanced classroom. As a team, we discuss:
- Student needs
- Educational Assistant supports
- The male/female ratio
- Academic balance
- Behaviour needs
- Number of students in classes
- Student relationships with other students
- New students joining FLVT
Parent requests make it difficult to create balanced classes. Therefore, in order to create balanced, positive learning environments, parent requests for specific teachers, classes, or students will not be considered. We do realize parents have a wealth of knowledge about their child and parents may want to share some pertinent information about their child. Please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org if there is any information that you would like to share about your child that will help the staff place your child in the best educational environment possible. Please do not indicate any preference to be with any specific teacher, specific homeroom, or a specific student. We attempt to create balanced classes that are as similar as possible to each other.
To help for a smooth transition to the new school year, class lists will be posted in the gathering space at Father Leonard Van Tighem School on Thursday, August 29 by 10:00 am. We hope this helps with any student anxiety about the first day.
Thank you for trusting us to make balanced class lists and thank you for having your children at Father Leonard Van Tighem School. We are looking forward to a terrific end of the 2018-19 school year and we anticipate a wonderful 2019-20 school year.
This week is Catholic Education Week. We are very blessed to have Catholic Education in our province. To help celebrate this week, our school division and local ATA has created a video entitled Public Education – The Catholic Way. Thank you to everyone who created it and to all the FLVT staff and students that were a part of it. Please take some time and view it:
Thank you for having your families being part of Father Leonard Van Tighem School, Holy Spirit Catholic Schools, and Catholic Education.
We are continuing to plan for the 2019-20 school year and we want to share information about the staffing of our school. Please know though, this plan is continually evolving as we try to best meet the needs of our students. As we know more, we will update this page. Thank you for trusting us with the care and educational needs of your children
May 16, 2019 Update:
- Miss Barr announced to staff today that she has resigned her teaching position at FLVT effective at the end of this school year. Miss Barr has some exciting Fine Arts opportunities she is pursuing. We want to thank Miss Barr for everything she has done here at FLVT, not only as a wonderful Jr. High teacher, but also for sharing her many talents in our Fine Arts productions. We wish Miss Barr all the best.
- We hope to start the process to replace both Mr. Van Uden and Miss Barr as soon as possible.
May 15, 2019 Update:
- Mr. Van Uden has accepted a transfer to St. Francis Jr. High School for next year. We want to thank Mr. Van Uden for all he has done for FLVT and for the many leadership roles he has assumed in the classroom, in our co-curricular programs, and in our Religious Education programs. We wish Mr. Van Uden all the best at SFJH. It will be different seeing him in a Wildcats shirt.
May 3, 2019 Update:
- Welcome back! Mrs. Hoveling and Mrs. Lawrence will be returning to FLVT next year.
- Ms. Gabruck will not be returning to FLVT. We would like to thank Ms. Gabruck for everything she did to help make FLVT a great place to learn and we wish her all the best in her future.
- The above three teachers were being temporarily replaced by Mrs. Kambeitz, Ms. Besplug, and Ms. Giannetti. Since all of these positions were temporary, these positions will not be continued into the next school year. We would like to thank all three of these great teachers for sharing their many gifts with us and we wish them all the best.
- Now that the provincial election is over, our central office is in the process of deciding staffing needs for all our schools. Given we continue to grow and we will be receiving two modular classes this summer, we are very hopeful that we will be increasing staff for next year.