Our Lady of the Assumptions School is a very special place. This is due to the terrific students, supportive parents, and committed staff. Thank you to everyone in our learning community.
- Thank you for a great basketball season, both the boys’ and girls’ teams did very well. I would like to thank the boys’ staff coaches, Mr. Matsalla and Ms. Caughey. Thank you to Ms. Groten, Mrs. Marcotte, and Ms. Tessier for coaching the girls’. A big thank you to all the students for playing on the teams. Also, thank you to the many students for running the score clock. Thank you to all the parents that helped to drive the players to the games. Without all these great people we could not have had a terrific season.
- Thank you to all our Division II teachers for organizing our student assemblies and Ms. Groten for running our intramural program.
- Thank you our parent volunteers. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. It has been wonderful to see an increase in parents volunteering in the classroom, especially helping students build their literacy skills.
- Thank you to all Jump Rope for Heart of committee of Mrs. Ellert, Mrs. Pedersen, and Mrs. Duke for organizing our annual campaign.
- Thank you to Mrs. Ellert, Mrs. Clewes, Mr. Matsalla, Ms. Groten, Ms. Hunt, Ms. Caughey, and all of our grade 5-6s who went skiing for a wonderful Ski Trip.
- Thank you also to Mrs. Nemecek, Ms. Garinger, and Mrs. Greeno for our Run Club and Mrs. Nemecek and Mrs. Greeno for our Snack Shack program. Also, Ms. Caughey, Ms. Garinger, Ms. Martin, and Ms. Tessier for organizing our games club. Thank you: to Mrs. Roth for working with our Jr. ATB students, to Mrs. Bruised Head for our Blackfoot Craft club, and Mrs. Duke for our skipping club. Thank you to Mrs. Baptista for all your involvement with our student leadership club.
- Celebrating our faith is extremely important and valuable at our school. We appreciate the planning of our classes who sponsor the Lenten Liturgies. The grade 6 student’s performance of the Passion Play on Holy Thursday was excellent. Thank you to Mrs. Marcotte for directing it and Mrs. Clewes for set design.
- Thank you to all the parents for your support of our Parent Fundraising Committee, the Grade 5 Southern Alberta Bible Camp Parent Fundraising committee, and our School Council. All of these groups work hard to make our school a great place.
- Thank you to Mrs. Graf, Mrs. Greeno and Mrs. Lank for organizing our Science Fair. Thank you also to our guest judges and to all the students who participated. Fun stuff.
- Thank you to our parents for all the support you give us. Your attendance at all of the aforementioned events helps us to appreciate the importance of our work.
- Lastly, thank you to all our students. You share your many gifts with us every day. You make this such a special place to be.
Together we are accomplishing our mission “to enrich each mind, body, and spirit in a Christ-centered environment” and reach our vision of “a safe and caring, Christ-centered community of hope and learning.”