Recently, we received some good news at Father Leonard Van Tighem. FLVT has received some additional funds through various sources (grants and donations). Here is what we received:
- Alberta Education Nutrition Program Grant – Our divisional office secured funds from this program. At FLVT, we received a brand new fridge and $500/month to provide students with nutritional snacks. The students can take snacks from the ‘Grab and Go’ fridge throughout the day. The fridge will be in our Gathering Space, and we will start to fill it soon.
- Community Foundations Grant – Our school successfully applied for the 2022 Community Priorities Grant to help support our music program. This grant provided us with $5,000. Most of the funds will be going to purchase percussion instruments. A big thank you to Mr. Magierowski and Ms. Visser for their work securing this grant.
- West Village Mall Donation – thank you to all the merchants of West Village Mall (100 Columbia Blvd.) for your generous donation of $1,500. The donation is going towards our school enhancement program that supports student and staff projects that improve the well-being of our students. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
- Learning Disruption Grant – Recently, FLVT received funds from Alberta Education from a Learning Disruption Grant. The grant intends to help at-risk students in Grades 2 to 4. With these funds, FLVT has hired a full-time Educational Assistant from January 9, 2023, to March 31, 2023.
It is great to share this good news.
As we continue to return to normal, we are pleased to host the Christmas Formal for our Jr. High students once again. A big thank you to Mr. Craddock and all the other staff and volunteers for organizing and participating in this event.
Here is some important information:
- The 2022 FLVT Christmas Formal Dance is on Thursday, Dec. 22nd
- Dinner is from 5:45 – 6:45 pm (Costs $15)
- The dance is 6:45 – 9:30 pm (Costs $5)
- CHAPERONES ARE NEEDED FOR THE DANCE ONLY! Please email Mr. Craddock at email@example.com if you can help chaperone the dance portion of the night from 6:45-9:30 pm.
- Tickets are only available for purchase ONLINE (School Cash Online). No Tickets will be sold at the door as this is a big event and needs to be organized ahead of time.
- If cost is an issue for your family, please contact Mr. Kostiuk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- THERE IS ONLY ONE MORE DAY to purchase the $20 package for both the DINNER & DANCE. Tickets for the dinner and dance close online @ 11 pm, Thursday, Dec.15th
- Tickets for the Dance only are $5 and need to be purchased online before the closing date of Tuesday, Dec.20th, @ 11 pm.
- Doors open @ 5:40 pm for the students attending both the dinner and dance.
- Doors open @ 6:45 pm for students who are only attending the dance.
- Please try to be here at 9:30 pm to pick your child up. All students must be picked up no later than 9:40 pm.
- Reminder: the Christmas Formal is only for FLVT Jr. High students.
Also, here is the poster for the Christmas Formal:
After 32 years of teaching and school administration, 26 of those years with Holy Spirit Catholic School Division, I’ve decided it is time to retire at the end of the current school year. I’ve had the pleasure of serving eight different schools in three separate locations during my career, and I’ve enjoyed my time at each and every one of them. FLVT will always have a special place in my heart, and I want to thank you all for your support. St. Joseph School’s motto is We Are Family. That same motto applies to Father Leonard Van Tighem School. I know I will miss all the members of FLVT’s learning community.
I look forward to serving the students, parents, and staff of FLVT for the rest of the school year.