February 1, 2021
Catholic Central High is starting the process for our Grade 9 students to register high school. Like everything else this year, the pandemic will make this process somewhat different than previous years. Here is their plan:
- Online re-registration for current grade 9 students begins the week of February 1, 2021 https://www.holyspirit.ab.ca/schools/registration/current_family_registration
- Online registration for students new to our division begins February 22, 2021 https://www.holyspirit.ab.ca/schools/registration/new_family_registration
- CCH will be doing a virtual meeting with all our Grade 9 on-site students on February 10, 2021, at 1:30 pm. Students are in their homerooms for the virtual meeting. All on-site students must attend class at this time. After the virtual meeting, students will begin to fill out their course selection sheets with our FLVT teachers’ assistance.
- FLVT students enrolled in AHL will be part of the SFJH virtual meeting on February 10, 2021, at 8:30 am. These students need to arrange to pick-up the course selection sheets from FLVT beforehand.
- Students must fill out the online registration and the course selection sheets.
- CCH has a video that will be posted on their website.
Please read the below letter from CCH Principal Joanne Polec:
Dear Parents/Guardians of Grade 9 Students:
Your son/daughter will soon be embarking on the next exciting stage in his/her educational journey. We are looking forward to welcoming these new students to Catholic Central High School (CCHS), and being part of their academic, spiritual, and social growth. To help ease the transition from junior high to high school, and to ensure that you have all the information necessary to assist your child in making decisions, we invite you to view our parent information video that will be accessible on our school website https://cch.holyspirit.ab.ca/ by the first week of February and for the rest of the course selection period (until March 5th). Please view the information video and take notes of any questions you might have. Should you still require further clarification, we will have a Google Form for you to fill out wherein we can gather common questions and proceed with a) creating Q&A documents; b) hosting a virtual platform (like a Google Meet or Zoom) to answer your questions; or c) scheduling a 1:1 appointment with you and your child, should that be required.
In the video, we will provide information about program selection and registration. Students are also welcome (and encouraged) to watch, although they will be receiving similar information during classroom Google Meets with Catholic Central administration. On February 10, 2021, CCHS administration will be meeting virtually, with your child with your child’s classroom teacher present to facilitate the process. FLVT will complete course selections from 1:30-3:00 p.m. Students will have program handbooks and a copy of their course selection sheets to bring home to you for approval. Please have all course selection sheets submitted back to your child’s school no later than Thursday, March 4, 2021.
In terms of how to register your child to attend CCHS, current Holy Spirit students will be completing a registration update (“re-registration”) form online. Students from our feeder schools (of which your child’s current school is one) will need to indicate the designated school as CCHS. The division is targeting February 1st for these registration update forms to roll out to you via email. Any students new to the division will need to wait until after February 22nd to register. Please note that course selections for CCHS cannot be completed until the registration update form has been submitted online.
While we hope that the video, various ways of answering questions you might have, and the facilitated course selection sessions with your child should provide you and your child with the information you need to transition to high school, we recognize that this can be daunting. We are here to support and guide you through this in any way we can.
At CCHS, we believe that a culture of Rigor, Relevance and Relationships is essential to ensuring the success of all students. We look forward to welcoming you and your child into our community.
Blessings, Joanne Polec – Principal
Please contact us or CCH if you have any questions.