We are continuing to plan for the 2019-20 school year and we want to share information about the staffing of our school. Please know though, this plan is continually evolving as we try to best meet the needs of our students. As we know more, we will update this page. Thank you for trusting us with the care and educational needs of your children
June 17, 2019 Update:
- We are sad to announce that Pauline Zgurski will not be returning to FLVT as an educational assistant next year. We wish Mrs. Zgurski all the best as she pursues post-secondary studies. We hope to name her replacement asap.
June 15, 2019 Update:
Here is our listing of teachers for next year and homerooms. Also, included is a map of the school. This map includes our new portables. We will need to make some slight changes if the portables are not ready for the first day of school.
June 4, 2019 Update:
- We are pleased to announce the hiring of Michele Loman starting next year. Miss Loman is currently teaching at G.S. Lakie Middle School. Miss Loman’s primary teaching duties will be Jr. High Language Arts, Religion, Health and Wellness, and Options including Drama. Welcome, Miss Loman.
- Also, recently it was announced that Mr. Ken Sampson will be our new Superintendent beginning in January 2020. Mr. Sampson will be our Deputy Superintendent from August to December 2019. Here is a press release regarding Mr. Sampson: https://www.holyspirit.ab.ca/_cabinet/2/18/May_29,_2019_-_New_Superintendent_for_HSCSD_Appointed.pdf
May 25, 2019 Update:
- We are pleased to announce the hiring of Andrea Tkach starting next year. Miss Tkach is a recent graduate of the University of Lethbridge, she completed her PSIII at St. Joseph School and is a former FLVT student. Miss Tkach’s primary responsibility will be Jr. High Religion, Science, Options, and some Language Arts. Welcome, Miss Tkach.
May 23, 2019 Update:
- We are pleased to announce that Ann Marie Giannetti will be joining our teaching staff next year. Miss Giannetti’s primary responsibility will be Jr. High Religion, Math, and some other ‘stuff.’ Miss Giannetti is currently filling in for Miss Gabruck’s leave. We are excited to have her stay at FLVT.
May 16, 2019 Update:
- Miss Barr announced to staff today that she has resigned her teaching position at FLVT effective at the end of this school year. Miss Barr has some exciting Fine Arts opportunities she is pursuing. We want to thank Miss Barr for everything she has done here at FLVT, not only as a wonderful Jr. High teacher, but also for sharing her many talents in our Fine Arts productions. We wish Miss Barr all the best.
- We hope to start the process to replace both Mr. Van Uden and Miss Barr as soon as possible.
May 15, 2019 Update:
- Mr. Van Uden has accepted a transfer to St. Francis Jr. High School for next year. We want to thank Mr. Van Uden for all he has done for FLVT and for the many leadership roles he has assumed in the classroom, in our co-curricular programs, and in our Religious Education programs. We wish Mr. Van Uden all the best at SFJH. It will be different seeing him in a Wildcats shirt.
May 3, 2019 Update:
- Welcome back! Mrs. Hoveling and Mrs. Lawrence will be returning to FLVT next year.
- Ms. Gabruck will not be returning to FLVT. We would like to thank Ms. Gabruck for everything she did to help make FLVT a great place to learn and we wish her all the best in her future.
- The above three teachers were being temporarily replaced by Mrs. Kambeitz, Ms. Besplug, and Ms. Giannetti. Since all of these positions were temporary, these positions will not be continued into the next school year. We would like to thank all three of these great teachers for sharing their many gifts with us and we wish them all the best.
- Now that the provincial election is over, our central office is in the process of deciding staffing needs for all our schools. Given we continue to grow and we will be receiving two modular classes this summer, we are very hopeful that we will be increasing staff for next year.