September 20, 2021
Our school division sent out an announcement on September 16 sharing the new restrictions concerning our divisional COVID-19 Protocols. We want to take this opportunity to share how the new restrictions affect our FLVT students:
- Masking – There is no change in the masking policy. All staff, visitors, and K to 9 students are required to wear non-medical masks. The only exceptions are for students who have a medical exemption, for students while doing physical activities or while students are outside.
- Elementary Cohorts – There will not be a significant change for our elementary students. Previously to the new restrictions, we were only allowing grade-level gatherings. So, for example, our 1P and 1T students could gather together. Now, all elementary homeroom classes will not be able to interact with other classes. However, cohorts will be able to interact with different cohorts outside.
- Spectators – As per our divisional policy, spectators will not be allowed. However, we are currently hoping to live stream our events soon.
September 16, 2021
As you are aware, our province has announced new restrictions. Our school division will be sending out a notice sharing some specifics soon. One further restriction that we want to share with our community right away is the decision that all indoor sporting events will be closed to all spectators effective immediate. So, for example, today’s after-school volleyball game, and all other games, is closed to the public.
Here is a link to the school division announcement: https://www.holyspirit.ab.ca/resources_publications/news/whats_new/updates_based_on_new_provincial_health_measures?fbclid=IwAR0fr-p6T9zVhgaaLLuWDI_bhgwx6zdH_cIlkieD6KArNmknrXnaRhIL52I
September 7, 2021 Update
Please see the announcement regarding masking from Mr. Sampson:
Here is a summary:
- All staff and all students (K-12) to wear a non-medical mask;
- Effective Wednesday, September 8, 2021;
- Masks will not be required during physical activity, eating (while seated), or when outdoors;
August 30, 2021
Please review this very important document outlining Father Leonard Van Tighem School 2021-22 School Year COVID-19 Pandemic Response Protocols:
Please contact the school if you have any questions.