We are continuing to plan for the 2021-22 school year, and we want to share information about our school’s staffing. Please know, though, this plan is continually evolving as we try to meet the needs of our students best. As we learn more, we will update this page. Thank you for trusting us with the care and educational needs of your children.
June 6, 2022 Update:
Mrs. Ponomar, in our front office, will be away for the rest of the school year for personal reasons. As you know, Mrs. Ponomar is retiring this year, and we wish her all the best. Mrs. Daniels will be replacing her this June. Mrs. Daniels used to work at FLVT. Welcome back, Mrs. Daniels.
May 24, 2022 Update:
- Miss Gabruck will be away from work for a few weeks in June. We are pleased to inform you Mr. Point Du Jour will be replacing her while she is gone. Welcome, Mr. Point Du Jour.
- Ms. Hay will be returning to work on June 1. A huge thank you to Ms. Schafer for filling in while Ms. Hay was away.
May 3, 2022 Update:
We are sad to announce, but happy for Ms. Swanson, that Ms. Swanson will be joining divisional office. We want to thank Ms. Swanson for her many contributions to FLVT. Once her replacement is announced, we will inform our community.
April 7, 2022 Update:
- We are pleased to announce that our new Family School Liaison Counselor is Miss Andrea Kobbert. Miss Kobbert is currently the FSLC of St. Michael’s School in Pincher Creek. While St. Michael’s School finds a replacement, Miss Kobbert will be spending some time at St. Michael’s. Welcome, Miss Kobbert.
- Miss Giannetti will be away from work for a bit. We are glad to inform you Miss Anna Lovenuik will be replacing her. Welcome, Miss Lovenuik.
March 25, 2022 Update:
We are sad to announce that Mrs. Rocca, our Family School Liaison Counselor, will be leaving our school on April 29. We thank Mrs. Rocca for her exemplary service supporting our students, and we wish her all the best. She will be missed. Once we fill Mrs. Rocca’s position, we will inform parents.
February 1, 2022 Update:
- Mrs. Roth will be away from work from the beginning of March until the middle of April. We are pleased to welcome Ms. Plant as her temporary replacement;
- Mrs. Hay will be away from work until the end of February. We are pleased to have Ms. Schafer continue as her temporary replacement;
- We are very happy for Ms. Groten as she got married last weekend. Ms. Groten’s name is now Mrs. Van Vaerenbergh. Congratulations!
January 4, 2021 Update:
Once school starts up in January, we are pleased to welcome one PSIII student intern from the University of Lethbridge. Miss Alyssa Paquette will be joining our 4CC class under the mentorship of Mrs. Clewes. Please join me in welcoming Miss Paquette to FLVT.
December 13, 2021 Update:
We want to share the following names of our staff that have indicated that they will be retiring at the end of the 2021-22 School Year:
- Wendy Ponomar (Administrative Assistant)
- Cheryl Sawchuk (Education Assistant)
- Joan Rogers (Teacher)
We want to thank Mrs. Ponomar, Mrs. Sawchuk, and Mrs. Roger for their unmeasurable commitment to our school and for sharing their countless gifts with us. Rest assured, we will miss them, and they will always be welcomed in our community. We wish all three all the best in retirement.
December 8, 2021 Update:
We are pleased to announce that Diane Pierson will be joining our staff as our new librarian. Mrs. Pierson will be replacing Mrs. Hawker who will be retiring in January. Mrs. Pierson is currently the librarian at St. Patrick’s Fine Arts School. Welcome, Mrs. Pierson.
December 6, 2021 Update:
Today, we welcome Ms. Tkach back to work. Also, Ms. Schafer will be staying for a few more weeks.
Mrs. Zrim will be away till after the Christmas break. Ms. Unger will be replacing Mrs. Zrim for the next two weeks.
November 25, 2021 Update
Mrs. Hawker, our librarian, announced her retirement today. We thank Mrs. Hawker for her dedication and service to our students, and we wish her all the best in her retirement. Mrs. Hawker’s retirement will be effective January 21, 2022. Mrs. Hawker will be missed, and we hope she will continue to be part of our FLVT community. We will be starting the process to find her replacement soon.
Best wishes, Mrs. Hawker!
November 15, 2021 Update
We are pleased to announce Mrs. Paniagua will be rejoining our staff as an Educational Assistant in our Grade 2 and 3 classes. We can rehire Mrs. Paniagua due to a provincial government grant to support literacy and numeracy in Division One. Welcome back, Mrs. Paniagua.
Due to the death of someone very close to Ms. Tkach, she will be away from school for a few weeks. We offer condolences to Ms. Tkach, wish her all the best, and look forward to her returning in a few weeks. Mr. Craig will be replacing Ms. Tkach for this week, and Ms. Schafer will be replacing her until her return in early December.
October 20, 2021 Update
Mr. Cheverie will be filling in for Mrs. Kroker in our Jr. High. We will notify parents once Mrs. Kroker has returned to work
September 20, 2021 Update
We are pleased to announce we have an additional half-time caretaker at our school. Please join me in welcoming Mr. Shawn Toker to our staff.
Mrs. Alvarez (3A) will be away for the next four weeks. We are glad to welcome back Mrs. Baczuk, who will be temporarily replacing Mrs. Alvarez. We wish Mrs. Alvarez a quick recovery.
September 3, 2021 Update
Mrs. Kasprick will be starting her maternity leave on Tuesday, September 7. We wish Mrs. Kasprick and her husband all the best as they will be welcoming their new baby into their family later this month.
September 2, 2021 Update
We are glad to announce Miss Rhiece Cordes has joined FLVT in the role of Success Coach. Please join me in welcoming Miss Cordes. Since the role of Success Coach is new to us, here is a brief description of the role of a Success Coach:
June 25, 2021 Update
We want to share that Mrs. Kasprick will be going on maternity leave at the end of September 2021. During September 2021, Mrs. Kasprick will be supporting a variety of students and programs in our Jr. High. We are glad to have Mrs. Kasprick start the year with us, and we wish her all the best once she starts her leave.
June 24, 2021 Update
We are glad to announce our staffing for next year is now complete:
- Joining our Jr. High staff is Mrs. Patti Kroker. Mrs. Kroker will be one of our Grade 8 Homeroom Teachers;
- Mrs. Carol Swanson is joining our staff as our new Administrative Assistant.
Please join us in welcoming both Mrs. Kroker and Mrs. Swanson to our school community.
Here is the most up-to-date list of our Jr. High homerooms and teachers:
June 21, 2021 Update
Here are our Jr. High homerooms and teacher:
There is still one Grade 8 Homeroom that will still have to announce.
June 16, 2021 Update
Here are our elementary homerooms and teachers:
We are happy to announce that Ms. Pelletier and Ms. Boutland are remaining on staff.
June 12, 2021
Early Learning Program
- Mrs. Kroetsch is returning as Program leader;
- Both Mrs. Walcheske and Mrs. Clarke have accepted positions at Ecole St. Mary’s. A big thank you to both of them for all they did in helping our young students:
- Mrs. Ellen Bran will be our Speech-Language Assistant in ELP, and Ms. Sarah Cassidy and Ms. Tanya Slomp will be Educational Assistants in the program. We welcome all of them to our community.
- Mrs. Wilson has recently accepted a position at CCH for the next school year. We want to thank Mrs. Wilson for all she has done for our community and wish her all the best in her new role. Once we have filled the office staff vacancy, we will share this information with our community.
- Mrs. Roccatti is returning to our Kindergarten classes;
- Mrs. Demers, Mrs. Elhert, Mrs. Henderson, Mrs. Kundrik, Mrs. Loose, Mr. Overes, Mrs. Sawchuck, and Mrs. Zrim all return to assist in our Grade 1 to 9 classrooms.
- At this point, we are still completing our teacher staffing for next year; this includes Mrs. Braun’s replacement. We hope to be able to share our teaching staff and homeroom teachers very soon.
- University of Lethbridge Practicum Students: We will be having three U of L Practicum Students in the fall. Mrs. Alvarez will mentor Ms. Norton in Grade 3, Mr. Templin will mentor Mrs. Walz in Grade 1, Mrs. Rogers and Mrs. Martin-Weersink will mentor Miss Wright in our elementary music program.
Federal Grant Program
- During this current pandemic school year, we were able to access a Federal Grant Program and hire some additional staff, including Miss Johnson (Jr. High Teacher), Ms. Pelletier (Numeracy Teacher), and Mrs. Paniagua (Educational Assistant). Unfortunately, the Federal Grant Program is not continuing next school year, and Miss Johnson, Ms. Pelletier, and Mrs. Paniagua will not be returning next year. We thank all of them for sharing their gifts with us, and we wish all of them the very best.