The provincial government has chosen Father Leonard Van Tighem school to participate in the ‘COVID-19 Rapid Screening Tests in School Program.’ One of the program’s main objectives is to help with the early detection of the virus, thus helping to fight the pandemic. Early indications are that the program will start sometime next week.
Please see this document for information regarding the program:
Here are a few points to stress:
- Participation in this program is voluntary. The school will be sending out permission slips via homeroom teachers; please check your child’s bag;
- An outside vendor administers the test, not school staff. Also, the testing is a nasal swab; the swab is not the one that goes deep into your nasal cavity;
- The testing will probably be done twice, one week apart;
- Even with parent permission, students may change their mind at the last second;
- Given our Jr. High is online next week, this will probably be just for our elementary students:
- If you want your child to participate, please fill in the forms;
- If you do not want your child to participate, please do not fill in the forms;
- For those elementary classes currently in isolation, forms will go out once they return to school;
- Once we have the exact testing days, we will inform our parents, students, and staff.
Please contact the school if you have any questions.