Thank you to everyone who provided feedback about our Balanced School Day pilot in our elementary grades. Please see this link for the reasons we did the pilot: https://gregkostiuk.com/2020/06/02/balanced-school-day-2020-21/
Here are the results from the various stakeholders in our community:
– January 2021 Parent Survey: 80% of parents support the Balanced School Day approach;
– January 2021 Staff Survey: 82% of teachers support the Balanced School Day approach;
– March 2021 Student Survey: 86% of students support continuing the Balanced School approach for the 2021-22 school year;
– March 2021 Elementary Teachers: 92% of teachers’ support continuing the Balanced School Day approach for the next school year;
– March 2021 Elementary Parent Survey: 94% of parents support the Balanced School Day approach for the 2021-22 school year.
Thank you to all the parents, students, and teachers that suggested ideas on how we may improve the Balanced School Day approach. Given the strong support from all community members, we have decided to continue to follow the Balanced School Day approach in our Grades 1 to 6 classes. Unfortunately, we cannot share any draft bell times as we are still awaiting information regarding bus transportation for next year. Once we have draft bell times, we will share them with our school community.
Thank you again for your feedback and support.