Thank you to everyone for completing our recent survey FLVT Pandemic Response and School Re-Entry Plan. We had 125 parents do the survey. Overall, the results were very positive and supportive of our pandemic response and plan. Here are the results:
Although 95.2% shows parental support, we do want to strengthen and improve. As part of the survey, we asked two questions:
- What are some strengths in our Pandemic Response and School Re-Entry Plan?
- Knowing there are provincial and divisional requirements (for example, all students must be in cohorts), what are some areas of growth in our Pandemic Response and School Re-Entry Plan?
Here are the top answers regarding the strengths in our response and plan:
- Creating and following the protocols
- Focus on student cohorts
- Parent communication
- Student and staff mask use
- Use of muster points
- Closed campus
Here are the top answers regarding some areas of growth in our response and plan:
- Keep up the good/great work
- No changes needed
- Concern about inclement weather and muster points
- Request to begin co-curricular activities
- Masks – some requests to be more lenient in the Grade 4 to 9 classrooms and some suggestions to have masks mandated in Grade 1 to 3 classrooms
There were many answers to both questions, but these were the common responses.
The school staff will examine all the responses and make changes when needed. Some requests are out of our control as they are either divisional or provincial mandates. These include co-curricular activities and mask-wearing protocols.
Overall, it is clear that our parent community overwhelmingly supports our pandemic response and school re-entry plan. Parents are appreciative of the hard work of staff and students in implementing the response and plan. And finally, a strong desire to continue following the protocols and, as one parent stated, “don’t let down your guard.”
Thank you again for doing the survey and for your support.