June 15, 2020 Update:
June 17, 2020, Virtual Liturgy – Our year-end liturgy is scheduled for 11 am on Wednesday. The liturgy will be at FLVT, but only limited staff will be participating. We looked into putting this liturgy live online, but instead, we will be recording it and sending it out to families after.
June 18, 2020, Farewell Drive-Thru
Plans for our Grade 9 Farewell Drive-Thru have been finalized. On Thursday, June 18 between 5 pm and 8 pm each Grade 9 Homeroom Class has been scheduled a time to come to school. In their designated times, families can drive to the school (vehicles only) and stop their vehicle in our fire lane loop. At that point, our Grade 9 students will be able to walk towards the school, interact with staff, and pick-up a small gift from our school community. After this, students will exit on the grass and we will have our archway set up for a photo opportunity. After this, the families will have to get back in their vehicle and exit the school parking lot. We have created this map to show you the process:
- Please follow Alberta Health Services physical and social distancing protocols and if necessary the use of Personal Protection Equipment;
- To avoid big gatherings of people the Grade 9 Farewell Drive-Thru will be scheduled for classes to arrive at different times and is designed to be a come and go activity: Here is the schedule;
- 9C – 5 pm to 6 pm (A-L 5:00-5:30 and M-W 5:30-6:00)
- 9H – 6 pm to 7 pm (A-L 6:00-6:30 and M-W 6:30-7:00)
- 9R – 7 pm to 8 pm (A-K 7:00-7:30 and L-W 7:30-8:00)
- Each Grade 9 class will have a window of 60 minutes. Homeroom teachers will be contacting parents with a general schedule based on surnames. Surnames with the beginning letters of the alphabet will be the first 30 minutes and surnames with the ending letters of the alphabet will be the second 30 minutes.
Finally, Mrs. Rogers and Mr. Craddock have put a lot of work into creating a video for our Grade 9 students. It should be completed soon and we will send a link out to our families.
Although this cannot replace our traditional Grade 9 Farewell, we are happy that our Grade 9s will have a chance to come to school to see the staff. The staff are truly looking forward to seeing the students.
June 4, 2020
Good afternoon Grade 9 Students and Families,
We are disappointed that the usual Grade 9 Farewell activities were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but we think it is extremely important to celebrate the achievements of our Grade 9 students, say farewell to them, and wish them the best as they go off to high school. Therefore, we have spent a considerable amount of time planning the 2020 FLVT Grade 9 Farewell while navigating the pandemic and AHS guidelines to ensure students, parents, and staff are safe.
Our staff will be finalizing the details on our June 12 PD Day, but we thought it was important to share some preliminary information with you. At this point, we will be hosting a year-end Liturgy for all our community and broadcasting it via Facebook Live at 11 am on June 17th. This Liturgy will occur in our gathering space and will be closed to the public. Additionally, the school will be hosting a drive-thru, by vehicle only, on June 18th. Each grade 9 homeroom class will be provided with a timeframe where you can drive-thru the school’s parking lot loop, have contact with our Junior High staff (honouring social distancing) and collect a farewell gift from our school and School Council. Times have not been established, but we expect the times to be late afternoon or early evening.
Once we have more information we will share it with you.