We are continuing to plan for the 2020-21 school year and we want to share information about the staffing of our school. Please know though, this plan is continually evolving as we try to best meet the needs of our students. As we know more, we will update this page. Thank you for trusting us with the care and educational needs of your children.
January 14, 2021 update
- Jr. High – Mrs. Johnson will be away from work until February 22, 2021. We are pleased that Mrs. Kambeitz will be filling in for her.
- 3A – Mrs. Alvarez will be away from work until March 1, 2021. We are pleased that Mrs. Baczuk will be filling in for her.
January 4, 2021 update
Also, we want to share the following spring University of Lethbridge PSIII Interns that will be joining us:
- Amalia Torres – mentor teacher is Mrs. Campmans – 4LC
- Amanda Schafer – mentor teacher is Mrs. Clewes – 4CC
December 3, 2020 update
We are pleased to announce we have a new Jr. High teacher starting on January 4, 2021. Please join me in welcoming Miss Shelby Johnson to our staff. Miss Johnson will be teaching a variety of Jr. High Health and Wellness, FLVT, Complementary Courses, and Phys. Ed. classes. In addition to her on-site classes, Miss Johnson will be teaching some of our Grade 8 Math At-Home Learning class. Welcome Miss Johnson.
November 18, 2020 update
We want to welcome Mr. Lawrence Fernandez as our new part-time caretaker for the remainder of this school year. Our caretaking staff has been working hard during the pandemic and we appreciate all that they do. This position is possible due to the federal pandemic funding provided.
October 28, 2020 update
Early Learning Program – Mrs. Kroetsch will be away for a short period of time. While she is away, Mrs. Clarke will be our temporary Program Leader. We will be having two new staff members, Mrs. Williams in the AM and Mrs. Bran in the PM, to help support students. We welcome Mrs. Williams and Mrs. Bran and we look forward to Mrs. Kroetch’s return.
October 19, 2020 update
We are pleased to make two staffing announcements:
- We have hired a new Educational Assistant for the remainder of the year. Mrs. Paniagua was a temporary EA last year and we are very pleased to welcome her back to FLVT. Mrs. Paniagua will be working in a variety of classrooms to support students.
- FLVT has been assigned an additional part-time caretaker to assist with the added cleaning during the pandemic. This position is currently being filled by relief caretakers until the hiring process is completed.
These two positions are being funded using the federal pandemic funding provided.
September 24, 2020 update
We are pleased to announce that effective Monday, September Mr. Bryce Shakotko will be our new head caretaker. Please join me in welcoming Mr. Shakotko.
September 1, 2020 update
We have finalized our student supports for the school year. This year we will have eight educational assistants in our Grade 1 to 9 program. They are:
- Mrs. Kundrik
- Mrs. Sawchuk
- Mr. Overes
- Mrs. Henderson
- Mrs. Zrim
- Mrs. Demers
- Mrs. Loose
- Mrs. Ehlert
Joining Mrs. Chambers in our Kindergarten program will be Mrs. Roccatti. Also, Mrs. Kroetsch in our Early Learning Program will be Mrs. Clarke and Mrs. Walcheske.
Together we are here to support and help all our students learn.
August 4, 2020 update
We are sad to announce, but also happy to announce, that Mr. Wensveen, our Head Caretaker, has retired effective the end of August. The sadness is we will miss Mr. Wensveen, but the happiness is to thank and congratulate him on his career at Father Leonard Van Tighem School. On behalf of our whole community we wish Mr. Wensveen all the best in his retirement. We will miss you!
July 15, 2020 update
We are pleased to announce that Mr. Mark Overes has transferred from St. Francis Jr. High School to Father Leonard Van Tighem School. Mr. Overes will be joining our talented team of Educational Assistants in the fall. Please join us in welcoming Mr. Overes.
July 2, 2020 update
Although there is still a possibility of some changes over the summertime, here is a listing of our Jr. High teachers and Jr. High homerooms:
June 17, 2020 update
June 10, 2020 update
Good morning again everyone. We have another staffing announcement. Please join me in welcoming Miss Emily Boutland to staff. Miss Boutland is our new 0.5 FTE teacher. Her main duties are elementary Language Arts support, Health, and Art. Welcome Miss Boutland!
Also, we want to share the following fall University of Lethbridge PSIII Internships that will be joining us:
- Michael McCallum – mentor teacher is Mrs. Hay
- Gabija Brazinskaite – mentor teacher is Mr. Templin
- Diego Menjivar – mentor teacher is Mrs. Johnson
- Evelyn Verhoef – mentor teacher is Mrs. Alvarez
Welcome to Father Leonard Van Tighem School.
June 9, 2020 update
Good morning everyone. We are pleased to announce the Ms. Pelletier will be continuing her Grade 6 position at FLVT while Mrs. Lawrence is away. Please join me in congratulating Ms. Pelletier.
May 25, 2020 update
Good afternoon everyone. We are excited to make an announcement regarding our elementary classes at Father Leonard Van Tighem School:
- Mrs. Cindy Clewes will be joining us and teaching Grade 4 next year
- Mrs. Kelly Roth will be joining us and teaching Grade 5 next year
Both Mrs. Clewes and Mrs. Roth are talented teachers that have transferred from Our Lady of the Assumption School. We are truly blessed and lucky to have them join our learning community. Welcome Mrs. Clewes and Mrs. Roth.
May 22, 2020 update
Although specific assignments have yet to be determined, we are pleased to make the following Jr. High staff announcements:
- This year’s new teachers in Jr. High will continue to be teaching at Father Leonard Van Tighem School. Please join us in congratulating Ms. Giannetti, Ms. Tkach, Ms. Loman, and Ms. Gabruck. We are excited to have all of you back.
- Mr. Leger will be moving from Grade 4 to a Jr. High assignment. Mr. Leger is a talented teacher and has many Jr. High experiences. We look forward to having him teach our Jr. High students.
We hope to make some elementary staff announcements soon.
May 5, 2020
Our full-time equivalent (FTE) teaching positions at FLVT is 27.5 for the 2019-20 school year. Due to growth in our community, we are pleased to announce that for the 2020-21 school year it has been increased to 29.0 FTE. Big cheer! We were just notified of this and we will be looking at a variety of ideas on how to place our additional teachers. Also, at this point, we do not have any names to share. Once we have more information we will inform everyone.