June 23, 2017
We have three new staffing updates:
- Our school division has reorganized our Family School Liaison Counselors (FSLC). Ms. Michele Hunt will no longer be OLA’s FSLC as she will be working at different Holy Spirit schools. We thank Ms. Hunt for her exemplary work at OLA and we wish her all the best. We welcome Mr. James Palmarin as our new FSLC.
- Mrs. Cassie Bukatka is our new morning Kindergarten teacher. Miss Chief Moon is staying on staff and will be teaching a Division II homeroom. Miss Jordan Ingham is a new Division I teacher. Miss Ingham will be teaching some Division I math and various learning support classes. We will have a short write up in our summer newsletter for both Mrs. Bukatka and Miss Ingham.
With staffing complete we will be announcing homeroom assignments very soon.
June 11, 2017
Unfortunately Mr. Bose will not be returning to work. We would like to thank Mr. Bose for everything he has done for OLA. He will truly be missed. The process to replace Mr. Bose has just been initiated. We all wish Mr. Bose all the best and we hope he is able to visit us as much as possible.
May 29, 2017
We are excited to announce that we have hired a new teacher for 2017-18 next school year. Ms. Kelsey Nadeau will be teaching the Gr. 6 homeroom class next year (until Mrs. Marcotte returns near the end of April). Please take a look at our pending June newsletter to see a little blurb about Ms. Nadeau.
We still have a few part time positions to fill. Once they are filled we will publish homeroom assignments.
May 11, 2017
Please join me in congratulating Mr. Matsalla on his appointment as our Associate Principal next year. Mr. Matsalla will be our Associate Principal until the end of April as we expect Mrs. Marcotte back from her maternity leave. We have just started the process to replace Mr. Matsalla’s teaching position for next year. We advertised a 1.0 FTE grade 5/6 combined position.
Also, we have changed our plans for Kindergarten next year. Unfortunately, we do not have a lot of registrations for the afternoon program. Therefore, we will only be offering a morning Kindergarten program next year. ‘It’s a Blast’ program is currently investigating changing ‘KinderCare” to the afternoon, it sounds very hopeful. Please see this link for more information about ‘It’s a Blast’, please note that they have not updated the PM ‘KinderCare’ yet: https://gregkostiuk.com/2017/04/12/its-a-blast-program-ola/
Things are starting to move quickly and hopefully we can make further staffing announcements soon.
May 9, 2017
Please join me in congratulating Mrs. Graf on announcing her retirement. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mrs. Graf for all she has done for Our Lady of the Assumption School, for the teaching profession, and for sharing her expertise as a master teacher. She will be missed and we wish her all the best in the future.
We are just starting to plan for Mrs. Graf’s replacement and other positions at OLA. We hope to be able to share new information soon.
April 4, 2017
We are happy to announce Mr. Lance Rosen has accepted a teaching position at Our Lady of the Assumption School for the remainder of this school year. Mr. Rosen’s main teaching duties will include: LA 6M, Science 6M, PE 6M, Science 6MK, Religion 6MK, Science 4/5R, and complementary courses. Please join me in welcoming Mr. Rosen to our community.
March 17, 2017
Recently we announced a staffing update regarding Mr. Bose going on a leave and Ms. Martin replacing his teaching duties. We have a couple of other staffing announcements to make:
- Mrs. Parr was due to return from her maternity leave after Easter break. Mrs. Parr has decided to extend her leave. Mrs. Cormack will be continuing to replace Mrs. Parr at OLA for the rest of the school year.
- Mrs. Marcotte, our Associate Principal, will be starting her maternity leave April 24. We wish her all the best! I am happy to announce Mr. Matsalla will be the new Associate Principal for the remainder of this school year. He is excited to take on this leadership role.
- Today we advertised for a new teacher to cover Mrs. Marcotte’s teaching and some of Mr. Matsalla’s teaching positions.
- Starting April 24 Mrs. Roth will be covering Mrs. Marcotte’s French Second Language courses in grade 6. Our new teacher will be teaching Science 4/5R.
Thank you for your support and patience as we adjust our staffing.