As September comes to a close, the fall leaves transform into the rainbow of colours that we see throughout the city. With Thanksgiving soon approaching, we are given the opportunity to appreciate and give thanks for the multitude of God’s gifts. Thanksgiving is a time to get together with family and friends and be thankful for all the blessings we have. A big part of our blessings, is seeing God and what He does in the normal and routine parts of our lives. At Our Lady of the Assumption I am thankful for the many blessings God has given.
Here are some of the things I am thankful for…
- the opportunity to come together as a faith community;
- the grade 6s and Mrs. Kraemer for organizing our opening mass;
- the countless hours the staff put into our school to make it a wonderful place to learn;
- the support of our parent community in fundraising and putting on great events like the Back to School BBQ;
- the dedication of Mrs. Clewes, Mrs. Ellert, Ms. Groten, and Mrs. Bevans in organizing and supervising a terrific SABC trip for our grade 6 students;
- the excellent parents that fundraised for our SABC trip;
- the terrific prayers our students have written and read over the intercom every morning;
- my family;
- the strong relationship our school has with All Saints Parish;
- all the many gifts our students and staff have;
- all the hugs I get;
- the great groaners the students give me;
I am truly thankful for all the gifts God has given me.
Have a terrific start to fall.